enjoy a beautiful song with me

Thursday, October 16, 2008

Uglier and uglier... maybe not

Things have changed. It is either you have gotten more and more beautiful... or maybe you have gotten uglier and uglier. Or maybe, you have stayed the same... my eyes have gotten uglier, thats why you look uglier; or perhaps my eyes caught some thing more beautiful.

Well, I can't believe that things has not changed. I know you want to think that this is just transcient - but it isn't. I am more likely to believe that it is my eyes have gotten uglier - but knowing you, I cannot rule out the fact that you were so much more beautiful when I first met you.

Then onwards, it was like peeling onions. The more I know you, the sadder it becomes - as my eyes slowly blur, being no longer able to appreciate and evaluate things clearly.

Times like this, I need to brush off the dirt - stand up again, and move on towards where I was supposed to go in the very beginning. A flower by the road - I have mistaken as a companion for the journey... Yet it is true, that even fleeting moments are precious. I would willingly slow down my journey for a little kitten by the road.

My fantasies are shattered, there is no puppy, and there are no kittens. The pedestrians, they are just there - they probably don't mean to be obstacles or companions... they just wander - sometimes they come across as friendly, sometimes as complete strangers. The pain is just hard to bear - it is easy to give up on a tiring journey and settle down for the beautiful scenery.

And you were more than a flower, more than a kitten - you were more, but I hoped for even more. I have stopped too long to expect less, if I leave - I lag behind; if I stay, I live in denial. The sun scorches, the flower fades, little children run into the shade, and the path is clear.

If I don't leave now, I will never reach. Please, come along with me if you will - I trust that the journey would be much more interesting and encouraging... if you are willing to trust me too.

No comments: