enjoy a beautiful song with me

Thursday, February 12, 2009

Jehovah's Witness, Moron-ism, and Tom Cruise

Finally, some disillusioned slaves knock on my door this morning! The last time they were Westerners (although not quite handsome), this time they are Japanese!

About 5 years ago, 2 Mormons pressed the bell and wanted to share Jesus with me. I got them in, and got my first copy of a Mormon Bible.

Just in case some of us do not know what Mormons (and Jehovah Witnesses) are, mainstream Christianity consider them cults. They use a different Bible than us, they believe different things, whatever team they are in, they are not in the "Christian" team. But of course, they would deny that - and the idiocy fuels the argument. It is true, I think Einstein or Edison said this :

"There are limits for a genius, but stupidity knows no bounds!"

You will get what I mean when you actually read their books. I should have kept it and read the Mormon Bible and find out what other jokes they believe in. I mean, come on!

What kind of religion has an angel called "MORONI"?

and here is another one, "Jesus was Satan's brother"

or this is real classical one, " Jesus went to America after He resurrected in the Middle East! there He told us the TRUTH!"

I am like - What? Is this serious? People actually believe that?

I mean, I thought America was already privileged with UFOs and superheros, it seems that meteors always ONLY strike America and America gets to save the world... but now even Jesus goes there.

What about Malaysia? What do we have? Orang Minyak and Toyol and ISA?

The founder of Mormonism - Joseph Smith is considered a martyr because he died in a gun fight. I thought Atheism was already absurd, but these people has taken it to new heights.

And Jehovah's Witnesses - you wonder if they went to school. They get the Bible, start editing parts they don't like - recreate a new Bible, and then use it to argue with you. Then when you come to a point in which they feel disadvantaged, they say:

"IT IS A METAPHOR!"

Then when they get to a point they have an advantage,

"THIS IS TRUTH!"

But if I just told them to read the whole sentence where they take their word from, they go

"The first part I said about was REALITY, the other (same word you chose at the second half of the sentence) was a METAPHOR"

Althought I dont have Scientologists knocking my doors, but who would have ever imagined that humans are biological blobs possessed with spirit prisoners from the planet of Xenu about 75 million years ago? i'm not even making this up! Go google it up.

Without Sci-fi writers who start religions and celebrities like Tom Cruise to believe them, life would be so meaningless!

It all just brings to mind how God mocks idol worshipers in the book of Isaiah, Isaiah 44:12-18

12 The blacksmith takes a tool
and works with it in the coals;
he shapes an idol with hammers,
he forges it with the might of his arm.
He gets hungry and loses his strength;
he drinks no water and grows faint.

13 The carpenter measures with a line
and makes an outline with a marker;
he roughs it out with chisels
and marks it with compasses.
He shapes it in the form of man,
of man in all his glory,
that it may dwell in a shrine.

14 He cut down cedars,
or perhaps took a cypress or oak.
He let it grow among the trees of the forest,
or planted a pine, and the rain made it grow.

15 It is man's fuel for burning;
some of it he takes and warms himself,
he kindles a fire and bakes bread.
But he also fashions a god and worships it;
he makes an idol and bows down to it.

16 Half of the wood he burns in the fire;
over it he prepares his meal,
he roasts his meat and eats his fill.
He also warms himself and says,
"Ah! I am warm; I see the fire."

17 From the rest he makes a god, his idol;
he bows down to it and worships.
He prays to it and says,
"Save me; you are my god."

18 They know nothing, they understand nothing;
their eyes are plastered over so they cannot see,
and their minds closed so they cannot understand.

It takes a genius to figure out which half was firewood and which half was God

=__=

14 comments:

Erin said...

so did u manage to share jesus with them? haha the real jesus?

Joel said...

well - the JWs kinda know that you have to trust in Jesus sacrifice to get to heaven...

but from what I know about their theology - salvation by work stains their understanding (if not dominate) ...

but they did not bring it up during the meeting. I think they were very desirous that I go TO their meeting and after a few weeks or so surprise me with their different theology...

2 persons came, i think 1 was weaker, the other was stronger...
I just spent my time mocking the stronger guy and his absurd interpretation techniques. Hopefully the faith of the weaker 1 is shaken.

Unknown said...

So they don't believe the exact same fairy tale as you do, so you make fun of them? All religions are false, including yours. You live in a glass house. I'd watch my aim when throwing those stones.

Joel said...

hahahaha..

yeah, they were as serious as this "P" fellow who won't even put up your name.

Hmm, gotta respect the JWs tho... they knocked on my door.

But the cyberworld is full of anonymous bloggers like you XD

Allan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Allan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Joel said...

Well, there are actually a lot of endless forum threads on debates between different religions, i don't think it is wise to start a thread in a comment box.

I can probably mention a few websites for you to check. But i think the fact that you landed here makes me think that you can probably find out better information. But just so you know how biased/unbiased I am...

1) don't go for outdated arguments (but i have to mention that they have been reforming their theology dozens and dozens of times along with those failed prophecies - they are getting better at the reforms i think)

2) While they do have a bad history (don't pin point on that - everybody has a bad history), check out on their theology

3) If you aren't JW - go talk with them! I can't quite stand people who just give random comments. Personally, I haven't been to a JW meeting. but I think I have talked with them for about 10 hours, went through the materials they gave me... not to mention the time spent debunking them when I was back in high school (involved in all those endless stupid arguments in online forums). I love you, but I'm sorry for you if you did join those forums. I hope you do find out in time that they are ENDLESS

Unknown said...

joel - you are blind but god will show you a way to an everlasting life - John 11:25,26

Prayer Request Record said...

They're there too?

My ex-girlfriend is now caught up in it, and they've essentially convinced her to stop thinking.

I'm met with her twice, now they want me to meet with some higher ups since I've destroyed the others they sent to chaperon the meeting.

What texts do you use principally?

Anonymous said...

We read Old Testament, New Testament. Why don't we try reading The Last Testament at least once before we die, before we decide to dismiss it. Give ourselves a chance.

Anonymous said...

You are idiot. And the internet is full of idiots. If you took the JW bible and laid it next to ANY of the major translations---Douay, NIV, KJV, American Standard, New Jerusalem------any of them, you'd be hard pressed to find a difference. With one exception: The use of the word "Jehovah". I'm not going to waste my time and bandwidth on a blog comment, but the use of the word is a valid discussion. But your comments about the JW bible show your ignorance on the subject.

P said...

well said Anonymous. I bet he has never opened a Bible to read on his own, and to think you consider yourself a Christian....? Beating down/killing other people's faiths make you feel strong? Open your mindhole....!!! ppsstt

Sam@parkour said...

u dont know anything about jw, so u think that you study with them for 10 hours you can know the whole history and all the teachings? u're crazy bible says no one can judge except for god for he is the one who is perfect not us! so dont think u are very smart, if you are you would found out the scripture earlier. All of the religions are not even sure is the true religion that is blessed from god or not, and there you think by giving such article on your blog people would believe you? tell you what! you know nothing ridiculer! be humble thats what jesus tells us, but look at you, criticizing others, JUDGING OTHERS! you call that a good christian? then the world doenst make sense again. think again my fren.

Anonymous said...

You folks are amazing and I can't believe that you all spend your time just critizing others. You all are obviously not adults or parents. When do you find the time just to type negativity about others. Wow! Don't worry, this will be my last time reading or commenting here. I stumbled up on this! Wow! Amazing......