enjoy a beautiful song with me

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Decoding myself - part 1 - Ignorance and Wickedness

I hope, through this series that I write about myself... I will be able to examine my thoughts on paper (screen) and unload information off my mind since its getting really tiring...

I think there are only two possibilities (reasons) why a person does a wrong thing.

They are either ignorant of the truth, or they are being wicked.

For example:
An old lady crosses the road.

Case 1:
I didn't see her, so I did not help her because of ignorance.

Case 2:
I did see her, but I did not know that I should help her (I was not taught so). This is also another form of ignorance.

Case 3:
I did see her, but I did not want to help her because I was wondering if I would be late for an appointment which I am unsure if it was more important. This is also ignorance because I cannot make a decision properly because I didn't know whether helping her was more important or arriving on time was more important.

Case 4:
I know that I could be a little late for the appointment and everythign would be okay, but I did not help the old woman cross the road. This is wickedness.

Case 5:
I had nothing to do, I know I should help her, but I choose not to do so although I knew the right thing to do was to help her cross. This is wickedness.

So...

My world is black and white. I loathe the idea of grey areas. I do not believe in grey areas. It is either ignorance or wickedness. Otherwise it is preference. I.e. liking apples over oranges in itself is not a moral matter, therefore "right" and "wrong" is irrelevant.

How does this affect what I think of other people?

I will tell a person the truth once, twice, and perhaps three times. If they still don't do the right thing, then they are being wicked. If they didn't understand, then they are being ignorant. But I bet the chances of the being wicked are greater than being ignorant. So I have a very low opinion of most people, and also myself.

I'm more wicked than I appear.

God save me. Please. Save them too.

No comments: