enjoy a beautiful song with me

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Without and Within

A thousand wars without I can fight, yet who can stop my own hand against myself?
Fights so intense I can stand, but when the heart is troubled... How can I stand.
An enemy I can overcome, a friend - I can't, I can only give in.

What are wars? What are fights? What are enemies? NOTHING. They are all easy prey.

But I cannot stop my hand...
My heart is the source of the trouble - how can a heart be solved?
I am my friend who have been living with me since forever...

If I don't stand up for myself... Who will?

Supposedly someone else's knight in shining armour - I am now my damsel in distress. Can I be my own knight?

This side of heaven, things go unexplained. My soul groans for the pain - heart and mind.

Heaven, how I long for you. I know... good stories never end with the damsel failing... but Jesus, my knight in shining armour will one day appear in power - and carry me back to where I belong.

Called home to be with The Lord... should be a colourful advertisement... not grayscale.

No comments: